Saturday 4 July 2009

no son of mine


date taken:may 2009
location:tuscany



a song came to my mind today,
you know, the kind that haunts you once it touches you...
i haven't heard this song for a long time but remembered how it reaches out to me at that time...
here it is, a song about abuse and growing up......a classic Phil Collins song...

Well the key to my survival
was never in much doubt
the question was how I could keep sane
trying to find a way out

Things were never easy for me
peace of mind was hard to find
and I needed a place where I could hide
somewhere I could call mine

I didn't think much about it
til it started happening all the time
soon I was living with the fear everyday
of what might happen that night

I couldn't stand to hear the
crying of my mother
and I remember when
I swore that, that would be the
Last they'd see of me
And I never went home again....



No comments:

Post a Comment