Monday 6 April 2009

-a Feverish Monday-




Monday blues? at least not today...after almost one week of hot, cold shivers....out of control running nose, sorethroat and everything else that comes with the flu, finally, I woke up today feeling a little better...to be honest, i had to drag myself up to get to work in most days, but today I just felt maybe being at work will make me feel a little less isolated....

well...being an intern is not really real work, I mean, I have worked in this field before (architecture), and i know the drill...no time to be sick.....however if you are an intern, sometimes you can cut a little slack.....but i am not finding excuses....sometimes i feel that i am just too old for this internship business.....between doing my thesis, classes and work, it's kind of nice if I can get some rest....

the office seemed less hostile today...maybe it's my own imagination, or maybe i just got through the phase of being overly negative (which is my normal self, sad to say)....i didn't check my phone, until much later, when i saw some panicky sms from my mum and friends back home, asking if i am ok...only then i found out about the earthquake in central Italy which took many lives, injured even more....26 cities were destroyed.including some medieval cities from the 13th century..it's really devastating to realise that in one night, we can actually lose everything, like the 50,000 people who where left homeless...well...i guess disasters don't discriminate...rich or poor, black, white, or coloured...noone is spared when nature goes on rampage..

here's some photos that i was looking at from Yahoo news..


today is the day that i am reminded of my mum's words about how we always think we are the most unlucky people in the world, for we feel impaired in comparison to the the richer, smarter, more beautiful etc etc....but if we think, for a moment, for those who are suffering, starving, grieving....we will appreciate life a little more....(i've always rolled my eyes when my mum says this....and recently a good friend reminded of this same concept)..today would be a good day to keep this in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment