Saturday 4 April 2009

-At Your Most Beautiful-

-heaven on earth-

-somehow the sun will shine again-




It has been a month since i went for a road trip in Sicily, Italy - i have never thought i will be embraced and overwhelmed by so many kinds of emotions. It is, so to speak, nothing that i could relate to, I am from a small city in Malaysia, somehow i always tend to love people and places that give me a sense of familiarity, i search for tiny details in this country i now live in (Italy), for tiny details that provoke my sense of home......to heal my homesickness...

Prior to this trip, i had an exam (4 hours before the flight was due), which unfortunately i failed and have to retake.....so i didn't have much time to do research, this wasn't my usual style of travelling, for i find it difficult to deal with mishaps in a country that speaks almost no english.....but i didn't have any choice, i embarked on the travel with not much expectations of what to do, where to go and what to see......(only detail i knew was that it's the Mafia-land of the Godfather):)

The first sight that greeted me the next morning upon my arrival.....almost made me cry.....how can nature sometimes be so naive? so can it be so full of hopes and dreams? While taking this photo, i knew that this will be trip for reflections, to regenerate myself.....to be grateful that i can still feel emotions flowing out.....something i tend to brace myself against for a long long time....so i guess....for many posts....i will be writing about this beautiful little paradise....of course, there's always the bad seeds (which i will gladly share too)...


No comments:

Post a Comment